Vitex Chasteberry Extract
For Uterine Fibroids, Healthy Periods, PMS, Infertility & Hormone Balance
• Helps restore the estrogen/progesterone balance by encouraging the production of progesterone and can alleviate PMS symptoms
• In Europe, Vitex agnus-castus is one of the most popular botanicals used for treating all kinds of menstrual disorders
• Can help to prevent repeat uterine fibroids and is one of the most effective herb used in the treatment of menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
• Clinical studies using vitex show a reduction in headaches, breast tenderness, bloating, fatigue, cravings for sweets and feelings of anxiety, irritability, depression and mood swings, often after only 1 month
• Vitex is often used to help infertility caused by a luteal phase defect (a shortening of the post-ovulatory part of the menstrual cycle): women taking vitex for 3 months appear to have more success at becoming pregnant
• Physicians in Europe recommend vitex for the treatment of hot flashes
• Herbalist have used Vitex with much success in treating teenage acne
How does Vitex Work?
Vitex does not act as a phyto-estrogen (plant estrogen). Vitex works through another important chemical pathway, the hypothalamus-pituitary axis, to balance female hormones. Vitex increases luteinizing (LH) hormone production while mildly inhibiting the release of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), leading to an indirect increase of progesterone and normalization of prolacin levels. The combination of actions produced by vitex seem to restore estrogen/ progesterone balance.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule per day before breakfast. Up to 3 capsules can be taken daily.
It is important to note that Vitex is not a fast acting medication and needs to be taken consistently. The average length of treatment is 6 months.
May interfere with the effectiveness of birth control medications. Not recommended for pregnant women.
Ingredients: Chateberry (Vitex agnus-castus, powdered extract 80 mg